Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is Al-Shababt Escalating the WAr?

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
PH.D.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Why is Al-Shababt Escalating the WAr?

Postby PH.D. » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:34 pm

Why are they escalating? i just dont get it, why welcome more air raids? just makes me angry.

http://www.startribune.com/world/275100 ... =KArksUUUU

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Re: Why is Al-Shababt Escalating the WAr?

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:58 pm

phd why not Somalia needs to bombd any ways again

alim0

Postby alim0 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 pm

there are better ways of fighting a war but al-shabab choose the worst methods.

PH.D.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PH.D. » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:55 pm

i just dont understand when they say *"We are negotiating how we can unite into one,"??? i mean what wtf?
Really I think Al shabab is a true trouble maker right now, i mean if their policy is to UNITE with someone whos hiding in the mountains of afganistan. then bygone to them. what a crap strategy, before they were famous cause they opposed eithopian occupation but now they want to become someones elses love. Im taking my vote somewhere else.

Haddad
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Haddad » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:01 am

PH.D. wrote:Why are they escalating? i just dont get it, why welcome more air raids? just makes me angry.

http://www.startribune.com/world/275100 ... =KArksUUUU
Escalating has nothing to do with more or less raids. The raids come at a regular pace.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:29 am

It's not as though inaction will bring fewer air raids and action more, they're listed as a terrorist organization, the USA will attack them no matter what they do.

They could be going around distributing lollypops to orphans and the USA would bomb them for "terror recruiting of child soldiers".

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:40 pm

sounds like this al shabaab fellow is on the cia payroll.

why would someone who is in the midst of a liberation struggle,suddenly offer up a pretext for more usa intervention(and don`t kid yourselves that the us is already employing it`s maximum effort,less than 1% so far).

i`ve always been suspicious about certain elements of al shabaab/icu.even when they briefly controlled most of somalia,some "leaders" were on al jazeera,talking about liberating iraq,palestine and the ogaden.it was tantamount to an invitation for us/ethiopia to invade.

moreover,al shabaab are responsible for killing 100s of educated somali`s,who are vital to the country if we are ever to recover and rebuild.there has been a systematic campaign to murder,doctors,nurses,teachers,engineers,elders and intellectuals etc,who are one of the very few groups who still believe in nationalist ideals,as oppposed to tribalism.furthermore,they are in principle,against foreign occupation/intervention.

one has to ask,"in who`s interest is it,to elliminate the only remaing nationalist bloc in somalia"?

when the actions and pronouncements of the al shabaab are critically analysed,it becomes increasingly clear,they are a tool of a hostile foreign power.employed to destroy the"human infrastructure",and thus PREVENT the possible emergence of a truly national somali movement.

i don`t doubt the sincerity of the youths engaged in resistance,but we must always be aware of the well documented examples of how "islamic" groups are established and controlled by foreign intelligence agencies.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.