Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheik Sharif Sheik Ahmed Moves to Boston

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
SultanOrder

Re: Sheik Sharif Sheik Ahmed Moves to Boston

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:43 pm

A/wahab, lets not kid ourselves and pain Sheikh Sharif as the benevolent leader who was willing to step down as compared to MSB, Aiydeed, Xassan Dahair, etc. Sheikh Sharif has always gotten somewhere by attaching himself to greater powers, whether it was ICU, and the islamists who went to djibouti. He never had the power of MSB, aiydeed, or even Xassan Dahir. Even if he wanted to, he could not resist stepping down. When he lost the election, it was more of a "oh well, the game is up" :Shrug:

Also, there was zero chance of him staying in politics, I knew Xassan sheikh would completely sideline him and his government. :lol:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Perfect Order,

Sharif Ahmed has a very like able demeanor and is a great guy. Unfortunately, it was a bit too much for him. To his credit, he did not make things much worse and avoided bloodshed as much as he could. He unfortunately did not know his enemies from his friends. My Eedo was a major supporter of Sharif Ahmed and would always praise him but they even parted ways after his excessive pandering to Puntland & Mahiga. But I don't knock him for knowing when to walk away.

I hope to meet with him once before he goes back. I am curious about why he pandered so much to Bunlanyn.

Xiis1928
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Xiis1928 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Sharif Sheikh Axmed is disgrace to the Abgal Nation. This clown was no General Salad Gabyre (AUN).

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:42 pm

A/wahab,

Sharif is very likable, someone you can grow up with, and can get something from because you grew up with him. But I wouldn't trust him to be head of state, or any crucial position. Also, he had to deal with some tough times, it's amazing how much the political landscape changed so quick. I think that he was pressured heavily by international powers and he didn't quite know how to deal with it.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Perfect,

He wasn't even the no. 1 choice for the Western powers as alternative to Xasan Dahir Aweys. Ibrahim Addow was the lead candidate but he wasn't willing to play ball and compromise like Sharif Ahmed.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.