do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
User avatar
sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 21185
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:49 pm

do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by sahal80 »

Each 4 days I would buy my food, chocolate,ice cream and biscuit shoppings with 20 pounds. I'm much likely to take the pennies that I receive in change except when it is one penny. Some item was... Plus 99 p so i got one penny but I didn't take it. I still had 3 pounds left and on way to the home I puy some stuff from the local shop and it was ... And 9p. I had 5p and 3 pennies so still one penny was missing and I didn't like to to use the physical one pound that was the only thing left. If I take the penny in my shopping I may had saved the pound for another day so from now on I will take the penny that I will receive in change.
What about you?
User avatar
FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 19081
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 pm
Location: Location:Location

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by FarhanYare »

usually i let them keep the change except when am very broke
User avatar
Oba
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1336
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:27 pm
Location: Spokesman for HAG

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Oba »

:pac: Sahal you should make daily threads my friend :up: :up: :D
User avatar
Thuganomics
Posts: 14075
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Thuganomics »

I always say chuck them in the charity box,which almost every shop has one of
PS.I only understood the thread title.I couldn't make head nor tail of that other drivel you wrote
User avatar
metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 6039
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:05 am
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by metamorphosis »

I use cards. I dont remember the last time I carried cash with me.
User avatar
Somaliman50
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Somaliman50 »

good thread. i usually ignore it and so do the shopkeepers. but lately ive been going to one chipshop near my house, its owned by a turkish cypriot guy who looks like a twat walahi he has that look on his face that you just wanna beat the hell out of. ive been going to his shop for a while and you'd think he would respect me as a local customer but rather the contrary. so since then i always reminded him to not only give me my 1p or 2p change, i even ask him to give me a receipt (shops can not refuse legally since its all legal transactions and whatnot) just to piss him off :lol:
User avatar
Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 23408
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:56 pm

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Nabeela »

Of course I take my change, it's my money isn't? well except at the halal store.
herndonhomer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:36 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by herndonhomer »

i always take silver change because pennies are really useless there has even been talk in america that they would get rid of pennies all together.
User avatar
Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 9782
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:35 am

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Lillaahiya »

I'm a struggling student :lol: Walle baysteemaha abaal baan u qaba.
User avatar
Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 6362
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Methylamine »

Lillaahiya wrote:I'm a struggling student :lol: Walle baysteemaha abaal baan u qaba.
u burned all of your OSAP money already? Shame :lol:
User avatar
Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 9782
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:35 am

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Lillaahiya »

^ :lol: I funded most of my education until this year. Didn't save a dime this summer :wow: It was that cray.
User avatar
Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 6362
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Methylamine »

Lillaahiya wrote:^ :lol: I funded most of my education until this year. Didn't save a dime this summer :wow: It was that cray.
quit buying junior chickens at the rideau st mcdonalds and pack a lunch. Watch how much money you'll save :lol:
User avatar
Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 34540
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:36 am
Location: "Some people are so poor, all they have is money."

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Hyperactive »

metamorphosis wrote:I use cards. I dont remember the last time I carried cash with me.
Me too I put everything on my visa debit. tho some times I regret I don't have cash with me, when ever some miskeen ask for change. or when they collecting charity in the masjid.
User avatar
Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 9782
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:35 am

Re: do you take the pennies that you receive in change?

Post by Lillaahiya »

:lol: More like stop eating at restaurants :( I use to dine out at least twice a week :( The last time I went to one was 3 weeks ago.
Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General - General Discussions”