Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2524
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: Endeavour.

Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by InaSamaale »

There is like literally no sound coming from my laptop and I don't know why since it was working fine yesterday. Can't hear anything I play off my itunes/youtube or any website for that matter.

I even tried the speakers/audio testing option and it says its 'failed to play test tone'. Anyone familiar with windows 8 and can help me or point me in the right direct? I kind of really need to listen to some stuff.

Please help. :|
User avatar
GeoSeven
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 5687
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:41 am
Location: Out of my mind somewhere...always somewhere, never an exact location.

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by GeoSeven »

You might have a problem with your audio driver. If it doesn't work at all, try updating or re installing it.
User avatar
BlackRain
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by BlackRain »

Go to Control Panel and then to device manager and tell me what you see under "Audio inputs and outputs" try to automatically updating those drivers
User avatar
Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:25 am
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by Daff »

1) Start --> Run ---> services.msc

2) In "Services" window, select Windows Audio from the left, then right click on it and choose restart.

I hope this helps
InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2524
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: Endeavour.

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by InaSamaale »

GeoSeven wrote:You might have a problem with your audio driver. If it doesn't work at all, try updating or re installing it.
That went over my head.
BlackRain wrote:Go to Control Panel and then to device manager and tell me what you see under "Audio inputs and outputs" try to automatically updating those drivers
Just tried that, it says that I had the update versions. Thanks though.
Last edited by InaSamaale on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2524
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: Endeavour.

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by InaSamaale »

DafIyoMiriq wrote:1) Start --> Run ---> services.msc

2) In "Services" window, select Windows Audio from the left, then right click on it and choose restart.

I hope this helps
Where is the 'run' option? I know where its located with Windows 7, but when you press start for windows 8, it gives you all them app options.
User avatar
Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:25 am
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by Daff »

To open the Run command

1) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2) Enter run in the search box, tap or click Apps, and then tap or click Run.
User avatar
Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:25 am
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by Daff »

InaSamaale go back to windows 7 :lol:
InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2524
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: Endeavour.

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by InaSamaale »

DafIyoMiriq wrote:InaSamaale go back to windows 7 :lol:
Xaalada weey xuntahay, bro :oops:

Thanks so much for your help though, was going to wait until one of my brothers got home but its working fine now. You're a lifesaver! :up:
User avatar
Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:25 am
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by Daff »

glad I could help, now you ow me one ;)
Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by Lamagoodle »

Inasamaale,
I don't know much about computers but " turning it off" and restarting always do wonders.
User avatar
Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 9782
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:35 am

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by Lillaahiya »

And I thought I was tech-challenged :lol:
InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2524
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: Endeavour.

Re: Tech Help Please: Windows 8

Post by InaSamaale »

Lillaahiya wrote:And I thought I was tech-challenged :lol:
You haven't heard the worst of it. :lol:

Lam, lol that failed me, first thing I turn to.
Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General - General Discussions”