RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators
Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
I just spotted Homer Simpso posting a thread after a long interval of inactivity and almost leaped out of the seventh storey window of my flat with sorrow. Coulda, shoulda, woulda. I miss that fish. He's a remnant of the old guard in Somalinet. I miss them all. Where have they gone? We old timers still lingering in this joint have been sentenced to nostalgia, as my chum Michael Ital said. Every now and again you see an old user who pops in infrequently, a Kambuli or a Zuleika, and your heart sinks like the titanic just thinking of the holocaust suffered by this community.
You know things have gotten desperate when even old enemies begin to assume a romantic glow.
I beefed like hell with Lion Heart and Sir-Luggoyo, but God I prefer their company to the friendly newbies. Still, we have Mr Gurey keyboarding his wisdom from Down Under.
Homer and I used to be mates when I posted under my old nick years ago, so he is the cause of my sentimentality today. Sheeit. I know this board has been given its funeral rites a thousand times, but man do I feel emotional right now. Maybe it's because I have spent so much of my intellectual and social life here. Maybe it's because a new year beckons.
Can it be revived? Fuhgeddaboutit.
You know things have gotten desperate when even old enemies begin to assume a romantic glow.
I beefed like hell with Lion Heart and Sir-Luggoyo, but God I prefer their company to the friendly newbies. Still, we have Mr Gurey keyboarding his wisdom from Down Under.
Homer and I used to be mates when I posted under my old nick years ago, so he is the cause of my sentimentality today. Sheeit. I know this board has been given its funeral rites a thousand times, but man do I feel emotional right now. Maybe it's because I have spent so much of my intellectual and social life here. Maybe it's because a new year beckons.
Can it be revived? Fuhgeddaboutit.
- ToughGong
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 15321
- Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:06 pm
- Location: No Justice Just Us
Re: RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
The bidaar has lost it's wiggles and developed wrinkles I see
Re: RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
All good things must come to an end. Nothing lasts forever. With that said, i don't think i'm leaving this place anytime soon. We are all strangers and even the forumer you've encountered for 10 years is just a username behind a screen. You could pop out the next morning to never be seen again and no one will shed tears. Tis life. I'm only here to take a short break from reality and recuperate before going off again...it's not about getting attached.
Mods should ban Somali-Transporter though, flooding the sections with nonsense.
Mods should ban Somali-Transporter though, flooding the sections with nonsense.
- Lillaahiya
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 9782
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:35 am
Re: RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
Magacyo badnida horta. How about you be a good chap, log back in under Lama and finish that story you had up for us 
- DR-YALAXOOW
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 13999
- Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:26 am
Re: RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
my brother Fakedahab from original team of somalinet forum
.. yes nasiib xumo unfortunatly Somalinet forum had become very booring Place thanks to uncircumcised youngesters which nasiib xumo the owner of somalinet (waryaa) made them moderators of this forum...
- metamorphosis
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 6039
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:05 am
- Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?
Re: RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
Wth?DR-YALAXOOW wrote:my brother Fakedahab from original team of somalinet forum![]()
![]()
.. yes nasiib xumo unfortunatly Somalinet forum had become very booring Place thanks to uncircumcised youngesters which nasiib xumo the owner of somalinet (waryaa) made them moderators of this forum...
Re: RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
I think he's talking about Nabeela.metamorphosis wrote:Wth?
-
Jam Street
- SomaliNet Heavyweight

- Posts: 1451
- Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:32 am
Re: RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
I never thought I'd agree with anything Yalaxoow says since he became gaal-raac but the guy is right the forum was destroyed once and for all by the fools Waryaa made mods especially Nabeela.
- SummerRain
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 17320
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:41 am
Re: RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
Life goes on I suppose,but I think some of the old members are still here, they just have new usernames.
- Homer Simpso
- SomaliNet Heavyweight

- Posts: 1429
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:00 pm
- Location: Spring Field: Mr Burn's Nuclear plant:
Re: RIP Somalinet: 1998 - 2013
Hehe thanks bro.. I was wondering were the oldies gone.. I dont come here as I used to but once in a while just to check up hat ur guys upto.. why did u get rid of ur old name?
-
- Similar Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 11 Replies
- 1597 Views
-
Last post by Colonel
-
- 5 Replies
- 932 Views
-
Last post by michael_ital
-
- 28 Replies
- 3806 Views
-
Last post by qoraxeey
-
- 22 Replies
- 3883 Views
-
Last post by barbarossa
-
- 67 Replies
- 11616 Views
-
Last post by InoCabdi
-
- 12 Replies
- 1118 Views
-
Last post by Ismail87
-
- 6 Replies
- 693 Views
-
Last post by military-mind
-
- 62 Replies
- 4282 Views
-
Last post by FarhanYare
-
- 9 Replies
- 1361 Views
-
Last post by Turbulence