Strange clip
Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators
Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
-
Sophisticate
- SomaliNet Heavyweight

- Posts: 3037
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 am
Strange clip
I found this clip on youtube and its hilarious. Somalis and public displays of affection don't go together. Tell me your thoughts about Cabdi Good's commentary. I've also posted the original clip below.
[youtube]hSMd_tRj35w#t=12[/youtube]
Original Clip:
[youtube]hSMd_tRj35w#t=12[/youtube]
Original Clip:
- EvolSyawla
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 5196
- Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 am
- Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.
Re: Strange clip
I can't listen right now unfortunately lol, however it's funny.
...It's a bit awkward. Including the weird chest close-ups
BUT they're cute together, in a fobby way.
...It's a bit awkward. Including the weird chest close-ups
BUT they're cute together, in a fobby way.
Re: Strange clip
I though you liberal and don't speak Somali?
Anyway,
I know this Somali girl who came to the uni. She used to walk with those girls who wear skinny jeans. Then she got bold and went with the flow. Her mother&father lived quite far but when they heade about it after a while, they went all the way to her place. She got the karbash of her lifetime and they moved her to live with a strict Somali family. Another family came form the US, they had 2 girls one got into medic school and the other went to our uni, the same thing happned + she walked with boys. Immediately her mother locked the door & karbashed the shit out of her (it seem they don't karbash their kids in the US) and moved her to her sister in the mid school.
Moral of the story,
Somali people care a lot about the reputation. There is a funny and a sad Somali saying I heard.
Somliida sida carabta noqdiin, S.ill bay ilalyaan (I know my Somali is bad, am learning)
Anyway,
I know this Somali girl who came to the uni. She used to walk with those girls who wear skinny jeans. Then she got bold and went with the flow. Her mother&father lived quite far but when they heade about it after a while, they went all the way to her place. She got the karbash of her lifetime and they moved her to live with a strict Somali family. Another family came form the US, they had 2 girls one got into medic school and the other went to our uni, the same thing happned + she walked with boys. Immediately her mother locked the door & karbashed the shit out of her (it seem they don't karbash their kids in the US) and moved her to her sister in the mid school.
Moral of the story,
Somali people care a lot about the reputation. There is a funny and a sad Somali saying I heard.
Somliida sida carabta noqdiin, S.ill bay ilalyaan (I know my Somali is bad, am learning)
-
Sophisticate
- SomaliNet Heavyweight

- Posts: 3037
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 am
Re: Strange clip
Evol I absolutely agree those camera angles were all wrong 
Rambie I have spoken Somali fluently until age 5 then there was a shift, but my comprehension is better than my speaking and writing. So, I have a long way to go. I know being born abroad is no excuse but I intend to make strides in relearning afka hooyo. I think many of us are liberal and conservative in many ways. Don't typecast bro. . Let me get this right - the girl was beaten for wearing skinny jeans and forced to move away.

Rambie I have spoken Somali fluently until age 5 then there was a shift, but my comprehension is better than my speaking and writing. So, I have a long way to go. I know being born abroad is no excuse but I intend to make strides in relearning afka hooyo. I think many of us are liberal and conservative in many ways. Don't typecast bro. . Let me get this right - the girl was beaten for wearing skinny jeans and forced to move away.

-
Sophisticate
- SomaliNet Heavyweight

- Posts: 3037
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 am
Re: Strange clip
I don't know about the state of Somali music videos these days but I've created gifs to show where things have headed
.





.




- EvolSyawla
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 5196
- Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 am
- Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.
Re: Strange clip
Sophhh

Hilaaaaaarious
Gif 4 though...

Hilaaaaaarious
Gif 4 though...

Re: Strange clip
Soph,
I think I told you in a wrong way. The first girl was really evil and stupid. Almost caused a major situation. She was staying with her uncle. He was liberal but he urged her to wear hijaab because of her parrents. When she didn't he told his brother. And than he karbashed her but she was still there. after a month or so she went to her mom's friend house & called her father (a very reer miyi old man) faked a story about her uncle beating her (he was a maskiin funny guy) than he swore he would kill him for beating his daughter. Here, if you take a part in a massive fight or injured someone badly, you get your ass whopped in jail for years. They both were providing a large extended family back home. The father lived 300 km away but he was on the road the uncle called the oldest brother and family back home. They called the big brother and said if you went into this, than we don't know you and you aint my brother anymore. Than the asshole turned around. The girl is now living with Strict old school Somali family and begs to get back to her uncles house.
I don't know a lot about the other girl,
heck I know she was Somali after she was kickedout.
She was in the Uni for whole year and never said hey to me.
Later her mother told me when I picked her up once that she knew I was her "cousin"
She does not know a word of Somali and she's already into Habar Habar Qabiil
I think I told you in a wrong way. The first girl was really evil and stupid. Almost caused a major situation. She was staying with her uncle. He was liberal but he urged her to wear hijaab because of her parrents. When she didn't he told his brother. And than he karbashed her but she was still there. after a month or so she went to her mom's friend house & called her father (a very reer miyi old man) faked a story about her uncle beating her (he was a maskiin funny guy) than he swore he would kill him for beating his daughter. Here, if you take a part in a massive fight or injured someone badly, you get your ass whopped in jail for years. They both were providing a large extended family back home. The father lived 300 km away but he was on the road the uncle called the oldest brother and family back home. They called the big brother and said if you went into this, than we don't know you and you aint my brother anymore. Than the asshole turned around. The girl is now living with Strict old school Somali family and begs to get back to her uncles house.
I don't know a lot about the other girl,
heck I know she was Somali after she was kickedout.
She was in the Uni for whole year and never said hey to me.
Later her mother told me when I picked her up once that she knew I was her "cousin"

She does not know a word of Somali and she's already into Habar Habar Qabiil

-
Sophisticate
- SomaliNet Heavyweight

- Posts: 3037
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 am
Re: Strange clip
Evol thanks. What about the 4th gif
?
Rambie - That's very manipulative. :O
?Rambie - That's very manipulative. :O
- GeoSeven
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 5687
- Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:41 am
- Location: Out of my mind somewhere...always somewhere, never an exact location.
Re: Strange clip
The first clip really cracked me up 
-
lasanodboi
- SomaliNetizen

- Posts: 722
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:08 am
Re: Strange clip
I hate this abdi good bastard and his fake moral let the young have fun 
-
YummyMummy
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 6441
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:12 pm
- Location: You're always there & I'm always elsewhere
Re: Strange clip
Those awkward gifs 
- Hyperactive
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 34540
- Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:36 am
- Location: "Some people are so poor, all they have is money."
Re: Strange clip
لووووول@طاهر يا شمس بلا عمامة
this guy is very funny. wo gheerowday.
this guy is very funny. wo gheerowday.
-
- Similar Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 7 Replies
- 642 Views
-
Last post by Qumanyoo
-
- 12 Replies
- 1069 Views
-
Last post by LeJusticier
-
- 25 Replies
- 1882 Views
-
Last post by LeJusticier
-
- 3 Replies
- 489 Views
-
Last post by subeir123
-
- 5 Replies
- 604 Views
-
Last post by kambuli
-
- 2 Replies
- 114 Views
-
Last post by sconosciuto
-
- 9 Replies
- 1439 Views
-
Last post by rich-boy
-
- 0 Replies
- 517 Views
-
Last post by AbdiWahab252
-
- 39 Replies
- 2647 Views
-
Last post by xoogSADE14
-
- 15 Replies
- 1259 Views
-
Last post by S-D-M