Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
KyrieJama
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3930
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Somalia

Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by KyrieJama »

Added to bucket list: Horse Back Riding across the Nugaal Valley :lawd:

Learn about the horse breeds of the Nugaal Valley :blessed:

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:26 pm
Location: Khaatumo / Jubbaland

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by PrinceNugaalHawd »

We are blessed with horses. :up:
User avatar
BenevolentGaraad
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by BenevolentGaraad »

Wow. I badly wish the same thing. How much you think it'll cost to own a stable. Maybe have a country club thing going on. I gotta look into it.

Is horses a very big part of Dhulbahante culture?
Sowda12
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:54 am

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by Sowda12 »

Where is Nugaal Valley? Mashallah, this is amazing. I want to have my own horse someday
User avatar
Ismail87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3417
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 7:53 pm
Location: Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by Ismail87 »

BenevolentGaraad wrote:Wow. I badly wish the same thing. How much you think it'll cost to own a stable. Maybe have a country club thing going on. I gotta look into it.

Is horses a very big part of Dhulbahante culture?
Dhulbahante culture? :Puhlease:
User avatar
Bella18
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2967
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:18 am
Location: I imagine, therefore I belong and am free.

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by Bella18 »

:pac:
QaxootiWaaxid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:06 am

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by QaxootiWaaxid »

:blessed:
User avatar
Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 5845
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by Grant »

https://susannaforrest.wordpress.com/20 ... f-somalia/

"The war horses of Somalia"

I am not sure I ever saw a Galbeed, but the Bari stock I saw at Taleex was small, about the size of an American pony or a small Arab. They are beautiful horses. The Nugaal runs roughly from Taleex to Eyl.

Tsetse kept horses out of the river valleys and mostly north of Mogadishu.
theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 17692
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by theyuusuf143 »

our horses are generally midgets compare to other horses in the world, but the nugaal godan horses looks slightly taller.
User avatar
X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 17317
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Canada,Hawd

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by X.Playa »

theyuusuf143 wrote:our horses are generally midgets compare to other horses in the world, but the nugaal godan horses looks slightly taller.
not really , the western horses from Galbeed are much bigger then those from the Nugaal.
User avatar
X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 17317
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Canada,Hawd

Re: Horse Breeds of the Nugaal Valley

Post by X.Playa »

Image

like these horses ridden by western chief Akils.
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Khaatumo”