Re: Darood And Issaq Are Not Arabs
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:15 am
How important is it for one to know this?
Personally don't care what matter to me is the fact I'm Somali today and an AMerican one at that. 
Largest online Somali community!
http://somalinet.com/forums/
he claimed dhulbahante as well, citing "siad" maxamad cabdallah xassan as one of his dhulbahante heroes!
I AGREE.sadeboi wrote:First and foremost, I do not consider myself an Arab nor when I see them and hang with them (hardly ever) do I feel any closer to them beyond the bond of our faith. We are indeed Somalis, nothing more nothing less. The Somali genes is an ancient and historical one, but Murax, I must say your argument is flawed in many ways.
Murax wrote: Furthurmore, if some Arabs came to Somalia, had kids don't You think they would name their kids names like "Haashim, Qussay, Haarith, Mahaarib, etc." instead of Habar Jeclo, Kablalax, Habar Awal etc. (Only reason I left out Marehan is because its a Arabic name, but they're part of the fake Darood claim also) the 50,000 kushitic, oromo etc. names between Father and "Ahlul Bait" Abtiris are fishy.
I do not speak for Isxaaqs, nor do I really believe Isxaaq was an Arab man. However, you must understand that names such as Kablalax, SADE, Tanade, Awrtable, Koombe, are ALL nicknames. Darood Ismaciil had five sons; Maxamed-Abdirixmaan (Kablalax), Axmed-Abdirixmaan (SADE), Hussien-Abdirixmaan (Tanade) Yusef-Abdirixmaan (Awrtable), Ciise-Abdirixmaan.
A large percentage of the Somali language is Arabic. Now the reasons why Arabic is not our only language is, for one there was not that much Arab influence in the Horn as their was in those other lands, the Sons of Darood, who married and mingled with their mothers side adapted more to their mothers sides culture more so then the Arab lineage of their fathers. Again, it was not a community of Arab men that came and wed all these Somali women as in the case of Sudan and Morocco and so forth.Why don't these tribes speak Arabic today instead of Somali When Sudaanis and Berbers at the Atlantic Ocean were Arabized and speak Arabic?
How does an Arab resemble? Arabs today are a people who share a common language and culture, not ethnicity of race. The most Arabic looking people with the least intermix are the Khalijiis who themselves have some elements of mixture in them. Analogy time; let us say today that a Somali women gives birth to a white kid, he will look indefinitely, however if for hundreds and hundreds of years that white kids offspring keep intermixing with the Somali women then by all means he will become white. Again, our beautiful features is part of the ancient Somali gene, the Dir, Hawiye, Darood, Isxaaq, whether they claim arab or not look like this way not because of any mixture with foreign people, but it is the way Somalis HAVE ALWAYS looked.Why don't these tribes resemble Arabs?
How can they explain the identical features, language, culture, customs they share with groups that were decended from "other anscestors" i.e (Hawiye, D&M)
Also understand, that D&M (Leeysaan, eelay, and so forth people, not the newly added bantu or barawe and so forth) is not a clan with a common father, they are a confederation of people who were originally part of the main clans but due to geographical reasons decided to fall under one umbrella after moving away/getting lost from their original clans. They belong to Darood, Dir, Hawiye, Isxaaq.
I do believe that Darood Ismaciil was an Arab man, but we are not, nor should any Darood feel he is an Arab today.We are all Somali, people who share a common religion, culture, ancestry. Maybe it's not true that Darood was an Arab, either way I am glad Doombiro was my mother to give me such genes and that I am part of the proud Soo-maal ethnic group .
King-of-Awdal wrote:Voltage
I was the First person on here that said he wasnt Somali at all. Come on Now what somali would give a shit about PanAfrica when we have our issues.
ky2008 wrote:Kramer, the power of the Hawiye was because of the arsenal of Somali army which they got into their hands, but now that is gone thanks to adeer A.Yusuf and the Ethiopians who he brought to Mogadishu which Hutu den.All weapons of the Hutus are now gone and the power has shifted towards the Taruds.Look now the Marehans have regained back all their former territory such as Dhusamareb, GURICEL,Galinsoor.If it wasn't the tactic played by adeer A.yUSUF that wouldn't have been possible.Go and read the constitution of Somalia.It says Arabic, Mahatiri and May are the language of the country.Then where did you get the idea that any body who speakes arabic can not be the President of Somalia?
As for the case of the Islamisation of Somalia, all scholars of history are unanymous that the companions of the Prophet only came to Eritrea and may be the Tigray province of Ethiopia.At that time, your naked forefathers were living in southern Ethiopia and were not under the rule of Abyssinia.
Who told you that Arawelo was of Tarud of DHulbahante origin?No body knows which clan she belonged or even if she existed as a true person.
BTW, when are you going back to your forefather's land, Southern Ethiopian/
People can believe whatever they want to satisfy their insecurities. For example, I can claim to be a descendant of a Chinese trader that got ship-wrecked in Banadir in the 1500s. Reality is much different. It is pointless to argue about the origins of some-one when evidence that points to the contrary is all around.Ismahan123 wrote:How important is it for one to know this?Personally don't care what matter to me is the fact I'm Somali today and an AMerican one at that.
Twisted_Logic wrote:People can believe whatever they want to satisfy their insecurities. For example, I can claim to be a descendant of a Chinese trader that got ship-wrecked in Banadir in the 1500s. Reality is much different. It is pointless to argue about the origins of some-one when evidence that points to the contrary is all around.Ismahan123 wrote:How important is it for one to know this?Personally don't care what matter to me is the fact I'm Somali today and an AMerican one at that.
It has nothing to do with cuqdad. It has everything to do with factuality. Personally, I wouldn't care if some-one claims to be aliens. It is kinda annoying though when some-one repeats a narrative that is manufactured and wants you to accept it as the gospel truth.Cawar wrote:Twisted_Logic wrote:People can believe whatever they want to satisfy their insecurities. For example, I can claim to be a descendant of a Chinese trader that got ship-wrecked in Banadir in the 1500s. Reality is much different. It is pointless to argue about the origins of some-one when evidence that points to the contrary is all around.Ismahan123 wrote:How important is it for one to know this?Personally don't care what matter to me is the fact I'm Somali today and an AMerican one at that.
I feel the insecure person is the one who denies one's claims.. I mean whats the big deal if someone claims to be a descendant of the rasuul himself??
would that make him/her close to Allah?? thats no..so why would you guys vehemently refuse what other believe and claim to have descended from??
Who is insecure here?? anybody could be a descendant of anyone..what the big deal right?? except tht you guys refuse it..esp if it has anything to do with Arabs..
you would be glad to have a somali claiming to be an italian descent for ex..but no..you cant be of arab descendant..why is that..and where does the cuqdad lie in this case..when you accept europeans and deny Arabs??
Twisted_Logic wrote:Cawar wrote: People can believe whatever they want to satisfy their insecurities. For example, I can claim to be a descendant of a Chinese trader that got ship-wrecked in Banadir in the 1500s. Reality is much different. It is pointless to argue about the origins of some-one when evidence that points to the contrary is all around.
I feel the insecure person is the one who denies one's claims.. I mean whats the big deal if someone claims to be a descendant of the rasuul himself??
would that make him/her close to Allah?? thats no..so why would you guys vehemently refuse what other believe and claim to have descended from??
Who is insecure here?? anybody could be a descendant of anyone..what the big deal right?? except tht you guys refuse it..esp if it has anything to do with Arabs..
you wou
It has nothing to do with cuqdad. It has everything to do with factuality. Personally, I wouldn't care if some-one claims to be aliens. It is kinda annoying though when some-one repeats a narrative that is manufactured and wants you to accept it as the gospel truth.
I don't even know where you get this "cuqdad" argument wallahi. Why should I have "cuqdad" against some-one with inferiority-complex who claims to be arabian when the fact is completely different? Do explain