Titanium wrote:Khalid Ali and superlander,
We don't care about Somalinimo. Just because we want you unrecognized doesn't mean we care for Somalinimo. We don't. But you don't need a seat in the UN. The only recognition you need is Muqdisho's. We won't claim you in domestic politics. I am for Somaliland as a country. I am for Somaliland recognition. But only in the eyes of Mogadishu. Not according to anyone else. Only reason why you really need recognition is for things like IMF loans and nonsense like that. You recognize yourselves and Mogadishu will recognize you and you can get EU delegations to Hargeisa and you can go to them in Brussels like you do right now. The only reason why I am against Somaliland worldwide recognition is because I am afraid it will be a lose-lose situation for Mogadishu. Mogadishu must also win. You say you can do what we want but I don't think it can happen which is why it's best you control that whole region but no recognition. It will satisfy our concerns and also give you more power and freedom that you have now. This is a fair compromise. Also I think this is what is going to happen. There will be a middle solution. Not our extreme position and not your extreme position. Neither of us will get what we fully want but we will both be somewhat pleased.
Can you elaborate on this point i dont get this part , you want Somaliland to remain unrecognized so that Mogadishu does not lose but what does Mogadishu lose , When Sudan agreed to separation they had in their minds they would lose 80% of their oil. But what will Mogadishu practically lose.




