The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
Moderator: Moderators
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
No doubt, for sure 
-
TheCadaanGuy
- SomaliNetizen

- Posts: 527
- Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:17 pm
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
There is no solution that satisfies everyone but a solution that are most beneficial to both esp. in long term, should be taken. In fact, this is something Qur'an and Muhammad (pbuh) encouraged - compromise on something for the greater good.CaliQase wrote: You do have a point. But let's be realistic, what is the alternative?
For the record, I am not pro-democracy. While I dislike elections but accept it, I do not condone voting on single issues (e.g. in or out?) at all.
Our history have shown then and again, many Somalis do not see anything beyond tomorrow and that has caused thousands if not millions of deaths. It's time that we learnt the lesson lest we do not repeat that again.
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
A lot of people don't see the bigger picture, not just Somalis. Anyhow, vote is the only way to decide. All you could do is campaign well and hope for the best.
- Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 7665
- Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:52 am
- Location: Jubbaland
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
^^Hypocrite qabilest,.how about u shove that somalinimo where the sun don't shine


- Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 7665
- Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:52 am
- Location: Jubbaland
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
I saw what u wrote


Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
CaliQase, what's the Qabiil make up of Western Somalia? Any Sacad people?
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
I have no idea!
I think yes, there are some Sacad there.
I think yes, there are some Sacad there.
- AwRastaale
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 7611
- Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:09 am
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
Sahan and his cheerleaders,
I thought you guys were some grown men that can convey themselves without dhoocil tantrums or ladies like gossip (tan bu qabaa maye tas bu qaba).
Let's stay on the topic and not get personal kids. I'm not here to baby sit.
The topic being what it is lead to Hararboy asking how Ethiopia got hold of the region in the first place. It is there that I had to give some brief history including its days under the British rule like present day SL.
It looks like what ticked our resident Sahan is he doesn't believe that Abyssinia possessed no danger to SL. Very naive kid I must say. There were Europeans then there were Abyssinians. The region was divided in that manner and if they possessed no danger to anyone then many regions would not be part of Ethiopia today including Haud.
You naively believe that Isaac had an army and they could have defended Hargeisa. No Somalis had an army except spearmen and few askaris that escorted the British around who were entrusted with few rifles.
Anyways you should read two books by John Drysdale which is based on the British colonial officers own accounts. Mr Drysdale himself fought in SL during WW2.
I hear you when you say that British sources mean zero but I also see you dearly holding on to their other materials/sources including "map of SL", "British Protectrate", etc, etc.
So can you decide. Do we dismiss all British and European materials including maps or do we take them as the only hard evidence since they ruled the lands anyways and Somalis were illiterate until Siad Barre rule.
The two books I recommend are; Whatever Happened to Somalia by John Drystale (chapter why Somaliland declared secession and Sheikh Madar chapter) and Stoics without pillows: a way forward for the Somalilands (page 49).
Here is a snippet view:

I haven't got that book with me now but it details how the British moved Sheikh Madar from Berbera, Burao to Hargeisa because of the Dervishes raids. But they expressed concern over the Abyssinian activities just few km away. They gave him the British flag but no troops.
I welcome your input guys but I'm not interested in tantrums, emotionally charged outburst and just childish behaviour. If you disagree show us why and your facts.
I'm loyal to facts and the truth. I don't care about your pride, insecurities and tribal "image". I'm not glorifying Abyssinia, just telling what are on the books written by the same men who drew your map that hundreds of your sons have died for. So if their sources a bogus then all those sons died for a bogus map too.
Thanks for your cooperations.
I thought you guys were some grown men that can convey themselves without dhoocil tantrums or ladies like gossip (tan bu qabaa maye tas bu qaba).
Let's stay on the topic and not get personal kids. I'm not here to baby sit.
The topic being what it is lead to Hararboy asking how Ethiopia got hold of the region in the first place. It is there that I had to give some brief history including its days under the British rule like present day SL.
It looks like what ticked our resident Sahan is he doesn't believe that Abyssinia possessed no danger to SL. Very naive kid I must say. There were Europeans then there were Abyssinians. The region was divided in that manner and if they possessed no danger to anyone then many regions would not be part of Ethiopia today including Haud.
You naively believe that Isaac had an army and they could have defended Hargeisa. No Somalis had an army except spearmen and few askaris that escorted the British around who were entrusted with few rifles.
Anyways you should read two books by John Drysdale which is based on the British colonial officers own accounts. Mr Drysdale himself fought in SL during WW2.
I hear you when you say that British sources mean zero but I also see you dearly holding on to their other materials/sources including "map of SL", "British Protectrate", etc, etc.
So can you decide. Do we dismiss all British and European materials including maps or do we take them as the only hard evidence since they ruled the lands anyways and Somalis were illiterate until Siad Barre rule.
The two books I recommend are; Whatever Happened to Somalia by John Drystale (chapter why Somaliland declared secession and Sheikh Madar chapter) and Stoics without pillows: a way forward for the Somalilands (page 49).
Here is a snippet view:
John Drysdale - 2000 -
At that time, King Menelik's cousin, Ras Makonnen, was governor of Harar, the Muslim 'forbidden city' of missionary trainees, ... Makonnen wrote a letter in 1896 to the Habar Awal clan around Hargeisa claiming them as Ethiopian subjects and ...
The modern history of Somaliland: from nation to state - Page 56
https://books.google.com.au/books?id=HhhBAAAAIAAJ
I. M. Lewis - 1965
... 'Ise were under French 'protection', some under British, and others, further to the interior, open to the de facto influence of Ras Makonnen at Harar. ... Some of the Habar Awal clan had been threatened with attack unless they offered tribute.

I haven't got that book with me now but it details how the British moved Sheikh Madar from Berbera, Burao to Hargeisa because of the Dervishes raids. But they expressed concern over the Abyssinian activities just few km away. They gave him the British flag but no troops.
I welcome your input guys but I'm not interested in tantrums, emotionally charged outburst and just childish behaviour. If you disagree show us why and your facts.
I'm loyal to facts and the truth. I don't care about your pride, insecurities and tribal "image". I'm not glorifying Abyssinia, just telling what are on the books written by the same men who drew your map that hundreds of your sons have died for. So if their sources a bogus then all those sons died for a bogus map too.
Thanks for your cooperations.
-
MarsinQorahay
- SomaliNet Heavyweight

- Posts: 3328
- Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:34 am
- Location: Hawd bartu geela ka daaqo.
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
Sacads lives below the border between southern mudug and ethiopia, mareexans lives more inside and has some districts inside and dir also do but not Sacads, they Come with their camels tho.CaliQase wrote:I have no idea!
I think yes, there are some Sacad there.
- SahanGalbeed
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 19032
- Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:48 pm
- Location: Arabsiyo ,Somaliland
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
Aw rastaale , what do you need our cooperation for ? miyaad ina sasabanaysa . So ? Ras Makonen wrote a letter to the Habar Awal claiming them as their subject and ? what happened ?
.Proof baan idiin keenaya baad ina tidhi , wax inconclusive iyo partial ah baad inoo la timid .
Ku caayi maayo laakiin , I am losing the respect I had for you my brother .
Haile Selassie always claimed the Habar Awal of all somali tribes , but the fact to the matter is it never happened
Ku caayi maayo laakiin , I am losing the respect I had for you my brother .
Haile Selassie always claimed the Habar Awal of all somali tribes , but the fact to the matter is it never happened
- Lancer
- SomaliNet Heavyweight

- Posts: 2374
- Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:32 pm
- Location: Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
Don't care what happens to the rest of the place but in the event of a state collapse and balkanization of Ethiopia we have legitimate claims that will be acted on and the Hawd(Reserve Area) will be reincorporated into Somaliland like it was before the British gave it away to Abyssinia. 

I pledge allegiance to Somaliland
And to the republic for which it stands
One Nation under One God
Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for All



I pledge allegiance to Somaliland
And to the republic for which it stands
One Nation under One God
Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for All

-
MarsinQorahay
- SomaliNet Heavyweight

- Posts: 3328
- Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:34 am
- Location: Hawd bartu geela ka daaqo.
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
Re: The Western Somalia/Ogaden Cause
Galbeed si fiican uma kala aqaan, marka sidaad u wax u rabto iigu sheeg.MarsinQorahay wrote:Sacads lives below the border between southern mudug and ethiopia, mareexans lives more inside and has some districts inside and dir also do but not Sacads, they Come with their camels tho.CaliQase wrote:I have no idea!
I think yes, there are some Sacad there.
-
- Similar Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 0 Replies
- 726 Views
-
Last post by CaliQase
-
- 29 Replies
- 2667 Views
-
Last post by Queen_Arawello
-
- 16 Replies
- 64 Views
-
Last post by The Magnificent
-
- 1 Replies
- 1173 Views
-
Last post by Alchemist
-
- 1 Replies
- 1784 Views
-
Last post by The_Patriot
-
- 0 Replies
- 1319 Views
-
Last post by oldenglish
-
- 2 Replies
- 871 Views
-
Last post by Meseret
-
- 125 Replies
- 11224 Views
-
Last post by eliteSomali
-
- 65 Replies
- 8133 Views
-
Last post by gurey25
-
- 3 Replies
- 1004 Views
-
Last post by James Dahl