Page 1 of 1
Post 1991 Somali Kids are the real hope for Somalia
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:35 pm
by Kanada
If you compare the Somali Kids who where born in the Diaspora(post 1991) to the kids who immigrated at a young age you will see a big difference. for example a large percentage of the Pre 1991 Kids in the Diaspora dont have an education beyond Highschool and they are involved with gang activities and they generally dont have high expectations(obviously I am generalizing). However the majority of the Post 1991 kids I have seen this year are graduating from highschool and are moving on to Post Secondary. What I have also seen is that more Somali students are opting for Engineering and medical feilds as apose to Liberal arts. This is what I have observed from this graduating year in Toronto and Edmonton.
Discuss
Re: Post 1991 Somali Kids are the real hope for Somalia
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:05 am
by nomadicwarlord
Kanada wrote:If you compare the Somali Kids who where born in the Diaspora(post 1991) to the kids who immigrated at a young age you will see a big difference. for example a large percentage of the Pre 1991 Kids in the Diaspora dont have an education beyond Highschool and they are involved with gang activities and they generally dont have high expectations(obviously I am generalizing). However the majority of the Post 1991 kids I have seen this year are graduating from highschool and are moving on to Post Secondary. What I have also seen is that more Somali students are opting for Engineering and medical feilds as apose to Liberal arts. This is what I have observed from this graduating year in Toronto and Edmonton.
Discuss
Do you need help in your research paper?

Re: Post 1991 Somali Kids are the real hope for Somalia
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:09 am
by Cumar-Labasuul
Kanada wrote:If you compare the Somali Kids who where born in the Diaspora(post 1991) to the kids who immigrated at a young age you will see a big difference. for example a large percentage of the Pre 1991 Kids in the Diaspora dont have an education beyond Highschool and they are involved with gang activities and they generally dont have high expectations(obviously I am generalizing). However the majority of the Post 1991 kids I have seen this year are graduating from highschool and are moving on to Post Secondary. What I have also seen is that more Somali students are opting for Engineering and medical feilds as apose to Liberal arts. This is what I have observed from this graduating year in Toronto and Edmonton.
Discuss
Actually I have seen a lot of post 91 kids in gangs and involved in violent crimes, the thing with these children is that they have lost their dhaqan and thats why a lot of parents are sending them for dhaqancelis.