- My pops telling stories about life in Somalia, he's telling me stuff I never even knew about.
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:40 am
by Lamagoodle
FAH1223 wrote:- My pops telling stories about life in Somalia, he's telling me stuff I never even knew about.
Such as?
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:43 am
by FAH1223
just stuff like, driving through the countryside.. the coastline, what the fam had in those times and some personal stories he never told me
im not big on reminiscing on the past but for someone who hasn't been to their home country for exactly 30 years, you gotta listen and digest it all
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:49 am
by Lamagoodle
FAH1223 wrote:just stuff like, driving through the countryside.. the coastline, what the fam had in those times and some personal stories he never told me
im not big on reminiscing on the past but for someone who hasn't been to their home country for exactly 30 years, you gotta listen and digest it all
He is right; Somalia was once one of the most progressive/socially homogenous and peaceful country on! Muqdisho; Kismayo, Marka and Baydhabo were stunning cities; They were tolerant towards everyone.
Unfortunately, all that was destroyed when geeljires were rounded up from the countryside and shoved into another side of life they were not used to.
I can get nostalgic!!!
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:57 am
by Lamagoodle
fah, there is this song called Ma ogtahay Magaalada Muqdisho aan joogno, inaay maanta aay tahay.... ma mililideen mase...
By I think Hibo Nuura (could have been haboon abdullahi).
I listen to it when I have the blues.
It makes me cry
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:08 am
by Goljano Lion
Lamgoodle wrote:fah, there is this song called Ma ogtahay Magaalada Muqdisho aan joogno, inaay maanta aay tahay.... ma mililideen mase...
By I think Hibo Nuura (could have been haboon abdullahi).
I listen to it when I have the blues.
It makes me cry
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:40 am
by samadoon-waaxid
Lamgoodle wrote:fah, there is this song called Ma ogtahay Magaalada Muqdisho aan joogno, inaay maanta aay tahay.... ma mililideen mase...
By I think Hibo Nuura (could have been haboon abdullahi).
I listen to it when I have the blues.
It makes me cry
you reminded me of this guy
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:24 am
by Hyperactive
i heard from my father too it was good life/too much corruption and bad for some. that's why was the civil war. if every one had good, some wouldnt rebel against.
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:00 am
by Twist
hyperactive wrote:i heard from my father too it was good life/too much corruption and bad for some. that's why was the civil war. if every one had good, some wouldnt rebel against.
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:01 am
by DisplacedDiraac
FAH1223 wrote:just stuff like, driving through the countryside.. the coastline
I've done that before.. InshaaAllah I'm planning to do alot more next summer..
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:06 pm
by Cumar-Labasuul
In general life was still hard for most somalis, my parents had to become breadwinners of the family when they were still children (10/11) and even then we didn't own a house before the war we were renting. Fast forward 23 years and now we own plenty of properties back home, alxamdulillah
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:11 pm
by garowegal
My parents never tell me about Somalia, which is quite unfortunate.
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:15 pm
by The_Emperior5
Fah is right Mogadisho in the 70s and 80S was the best i hear my older brother telling me stories he said i wish the war never happened he said i could finish my teen age years in Xamar and continue to enjoy life as an adult there.
My dad also sometimes tells me about how the girls used to Shukaansi him and that he had long hair with a Gold neckless in the late mid 60s as a young man in his late 20s. He even got the chance to study in America but he turned down the offer he said i do not want to leave Somalia he said i want to work in Somalia
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:17 pm
by abdisamad3
samadoon-waaxid wrote:
Lamgoodle wrote:fah, there is this song called Ma ogtahay Magaalada Muqdisho aan joogno, inaay maanta aay tahay.... ma mililideen mase...
By I think Hibo Nuura (could have been haboon abdullahi).
I listen to it when I have the blues.
It makes me cry
you reminded me of this guy
Re: "You guys haven't seen LIFE"
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:29 pm
by ciyaal_warta
i have done all that..used to go the afgooye farms for every ciid ..jaziira, liido, curubo, geel laq, hoobaal and mayo morto beachs