ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) A third person injured in an explosion at a Minneapolis apartment building housing Somali immigrants has died, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office said Saturday.
Abdiqani Adan, 29, who did not live in the building, died Friday at the Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, according to the office.
Meanwhile, two survivors still in the hospital recounted jumping from windows to save themselves. Abdi Qobey, 59, was sitting in bed watching television early on New Year's Day when he heard a boom and saw the walls buckle.
"I see the smoke. I see already I'm going to suffocate if I stay one more minute," said Qobey. "I knew that if I stay, I'm not going to stay alive."
Turning to grab a few possessions, he couldn't see anything but the second-floor window. So he ran to it.
"I looked downstairs," he recalled. "I see one officer in the street. He says, 'Sir, the firefighters have not come yet. There's no other choice. You have to jump.'"
Qobey suffered fractures in both legs and a back injury but is glad to be alive, he said from his hospital bed in the Hennepin County Medical Center.
The explosion and fire broke out about 8:15 a.m. Wednesday, immediately killing two people, injuring 14 and destroying the three-story apartment building. Nine people still were hospitalized Friday, including three in critical condition.
Ali Jama, 41, was visiting friends and sleeping in a second-floor apartment when he heard the loud boom. The windows shattered.
"When the windows were blown out, I took a look downstairs," said Jama, a truck driver from North Carolina. He tried to go down the stairs, but there was too much smoke. He kicked the rest of the window glass and sat in the window opening.
"I thought I might die," he said. "I prayed, but I thought I was dying."
He jumped and hit the ground two floors below. He broke both legs and several ribs. Two friends were also badly hurt when they jumped, he said, but they also survived.
One of the two people who didn't make it out of the building was identified Friday as Ahmed Farah Ali, a 57-year-old resident. His body was recovered Thursday.
A second body was recovered Friday. That person has not yet been identified.
This is why i dont like living in above first floor apartment AUN to all 3 somalis
3rd person dies after US apartment explosion
Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators
Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
- FarhanYare
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 19081
- Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 pm
- Location: Location:Location
- Basra-
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 49034
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:00 pm
- Location: Somewhere far, far, far away from you forumers.
Re: 3rd person dies after US apartment explosion
too many visiting "friends" ! 
- FarhanYare
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 19081
- Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 pm
- Location: Location:Location
Re: 3rd person dies after US apartment explosion
Busra,
would you throw yourself from the building god forbid had you been in that kind of predicament?
keep in mind the excess snow on the ground would help a little injury wise
would you throw yourself from the building god forbid had you been in that kind of predicament?
- Basra-
- SomaliNet Super

- Posts: 49034
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:00 pm
- Location: Somewhere far, far, far away from you forumers.
Re: 3rd person dies after US apartment explosion
Yes darling I would risk it. Hopefully the snow on the ground acts as a cushion, plus my big futo helping I would hope. 
-
- Similar Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 5 Replies
- 706 Views
-
Last post by GalliumerianSlayer
-
- 33 Replies
- 135 Views
-
Last post by Xamud.
-
- 2 Replies
- 432 Views
-
Last post by Jabuutawi
-
- 0 Replies
- 370 Views
-
Last post by KacdoonSool
-
- 15 Replies
- 1895 Views
-
Last post by sahal80
-
- 21 Replies
- 1719 Views
-
Last post by Coeus
-
- 20 Replies
- 1344 Views
-
Last post by AbdiWahab252
-
- 0 Replies
- 510 Views
-
Last post by mody21