When a Somali borrow your stuff, do you get them in return?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
Revolutionary
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:43 am

When a Somali borrow your stuff, do you get them in return?

Post by Revolutionary »

When they borrow my money, jackets, USB and other stuff, I never get them in return. They pretend like nothing happens, even when they lost my stuff, they dont talk about it or apologize, no reaction. I was always like :wtf:

When they ask our non-Somali/western friends about borrowing stuff and I hear their convo, my mind is like "He aint gonna get his stuff back, hehe" because of my experience with them. Next day, they tend to complain about [insert name] didn't give me back and I tell him just move on because he wont give you. They tend to hustle a lot and annoy you, I am not generalizing. I just do it because of my kind manners.

Anyway, it happened in the past but I never realize how they all share one thing in common - not returning and asking directly is awkward so I asked this question to Hawdian in the other forum a year ago about why we never get anything in return when they used to borrow my stuff, he said borrowing is considered meaningless in Somali culture. Is this true or is it only non-Somalis that they dont return?

This doesn't happen anymore after I stop seeing them but just wondering whether if its only here or is it a common thing for Somalis?
User avatar
Fey
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:43 am

Re: When a Somali borrow your stuff, do you get them in return?

Post by Fey »

bro, bro, bro property is fake bro.

but if it's that deep don't lend your shit out in the first place.
Revolutionary
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:43 am

Re: When a Somali borrow your stuff, do you get them in return?

Post by Revolutionary »

Not deep. If it is your friend, how do you say no to avoid ruining your rep?
User avatar
Fey
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:43 am

Re: When a Somali borrow your stuff, do you get them in return?

Post by Fey »

bro, there are two types of people in the world: family and people who annoy you in the streets.

friends is fake. no is no.
User avatar
Thuganomics
Posts: 14075
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Re: When a Somali borrow your stuff, do you get them in return?

Post by Thuganomics »

The question makes no sense
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General - General Discussions”