Page 1 of 4

Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:45 am
by FieldMarshalMenace
Girls name!

I have narrowed down to:


Jamaad

Abyan

Aragsan


Please do add your own Somali names


I've already dismissed

Arawelo

Asli

Osob

Udub

Ladan

Batoola

Cambaro

Ceebla

Dhuux

Saxarla

....

Lets be creative guys

What do you think I invent totally new Somali female names

Xoronimo (liberty)

Gobonimo (freedom)

Rajo ( hope )

Afrika

Midnimo (unity)

Janna (heaven)

Gift ( tell me the word in Somali)

Glory ( in somali)

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:02 pm
by MujahidAishah
Hadiya :snoop:

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:09 pm
by VeiledGarbasar
I love ebyan, even though it is a place in Yemen.

What about Xeliwaay, it is a place in Xamar but don't know what it means. I knew a jamaad in Xamar AUN :cry:

What about Warsan?

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:21 pm
by GeoSeven
Menace, Xoriyo is already in use. I know a Xoriyo who was born on the 26th of June 1960, hence the name :)

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:22 pm
by FieldMarshalMenace
VeiledGarbasar wrote:I love ebyan, even though it is a place in Yemen.

What about Xeliwaay, it is a place in Xamar but don't know what it means. I knew a jamaad in Xamar AUN :cry:

What about Warsan?
Warsan :ohhh: :ehh: I like it ...put her in the final fours...

AishaWaqooyi.... Ka waran hadaan u bixiyo WaqooyiKoorfur (like Kanye West)... :MJ:

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:28 pm
by FieldMarshalMenace
GeoSeven wrote:Menace, Xoriyo is already in use. I know a Xoriyo who was born on the 26th of June 1960, hence the name :)

Adiga be creative and use nice Somali words that can be feminine to be used from hereforth...

We must abandon the Arab culture, we must....I don't know how else to drive this ideology into our people...hopefully a brother or sister expecting will google "authentic Somali girl's name" and will be taken here...Therefore contribute...

Ill give you some name to translate into Somali...

achiever

accomplished

starlet

gazelle

pearl

autumn

moon

joy

audacious

inspiration

perseverance

precious

clever

trustworthy

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:39 pm
by MujahidAishah
Waqooyi konfuur ama barigalbeed why not waa casriga

Be a typical issaq and choose the following
Hibo
Hodan
Hoodo
Hibaaq
Nimco
Khadra

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:41 pm
by FieldMarshalMenace
AishahWaqooyi wrote:Waqooyi konfuur ama barigalbeed why not waa casriga

Be a typical issaq and choose the following
Hibo
Hodan
Hoodo
Hibaaq
Nimco
Khadra
add:
Haboon
...

but venture out, stop being qabillist, get me more authentic Somali names.... Long live the the Somali speaking people...down with Arab culture and their faggatery

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:47 pm
by GeoSeven
Do I look like Lamagoodle to you :damn:

Precious is Qaali

Trustworthy...Amina :lol:

Pearl...Luul

Autumn...The only seasons I know are xilyada qaboobaha iyo kuleelada and I'm not even sure if those are the correct terms for them :lol:

Moon...Dayaxo?

Joy...Farxad :lol:

Achiever...blank

Accomplished...blank

Clever...Fariidad? Sounds corny

Audacious...Geesiyad?

Inspiration...blank

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:48 pm
by MujahidAishah
Haboon waa reer Djibouti

Qabilist ahh am offended :ufdup:

Mandeeq
Will-dhaan :Obama:
Shankaroon
Barwaaqo
Bilane
Sabaah
Accomplished =Kafiya :dj:

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:49 pm
by AbkoowDhiblaawe
Shankaroon

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:57 pm
by FieldMarshalMenace
AishahWaqooyi wrote:Haboon waa reer Djibouti

Qabilist ahh am offended :ufdup:

Mandeeq
Will-dhaan :Obama:
Shankaroon
Barwaaqo
Bilane
Sabaah
Accomplished =Kafiya :dj:
:umad:

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:58 pm
by MujahidAishah
What wrong with Wiil-dhaan

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:02 pm
by YummyMummy
This is becoming tiresome, campaigning for unborns who'll dread their name being read out/bullied for it, but ok :roll:

Warsan
Guul
Nabad
Indhodeeq
Ducaqabto
Qaboojiso :)
Cudbi

Re: Choose one from among this ethnically Somali

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:05 pm
by AbkoowDhiblaawe
Nimco (blessing)
Ugbaad
Hidaayah